Conservation of Land
1. Banni grasslands were famous of its times & the basic occupation of Traditional Kutch was Animal Husbandry & Handicraft.
2. It is found that due to wrong selection of trees for plantation & other side want on cutting of trees, we have invited problems like soil erosion, shortage of water, fall in agricultural output, live stock mismanagement, etc
3. Soil removed while digging the pond should be spread over the remaining land thus making it fertile.
4. Removing of wild babul & on other side proper tree plantation as suggested earlier to avoid soil erosion & drought condition.
5. Developing grassland, use of natural fertilizer & insecticides should be encouraged.
6. It is suggested that herbs like thor, koncha, kachka, madhunashini, shatavari, bhilama, chanauti, shevri, agastha, etc should be planted near or as fencing area.
7. These herbs are not only dense but also have medicinal values, which are beneficial to plants.
8. Crops should be taken on rotational basis in such a way that soil fertility is not lost making rational use of rich manure.
9. Utilize desert or barren land optimally by carrying out various useful activities like building cottages, handicraft & cottage industry, fodder bank, etc